For California residents, please find additional disclosures regarding this policy here.
The categories of Personal Information we collect
- Platform information
- When you visit the Platforms, we may collect information from you. Some of it may be personal information. This information can include search history, IP address, screen resolution, browser used, operating system and settings, access times and referring URL. If you are using a mobile device, we may also collect data that identifies your device, your settings and your location.
- Booking information
- If you book a travel product via the Platforms, we may need additional information from you. This information can include your name (and traveler's if different) name, age, email address, telephone number, credit card information, and billing address. You can also choose to store personal information in your user account for future bookings.
- Account information
- If you choose to register, we will collect your name, email address, password, and other preference information you provide us.
- Consumer support
- If you choose to contact our consumer support services we will collect any inquires, complaint or other information that you may submit to our support team.
- Promotional information
- If you choose to participate in a sweepstake, contests or similar campaign we will collect any information you provide in relation to such activity such as photos, images, captions or other content, in accordance with the terms provided at that time.
When you give us personal information, you are telling us that the information is true, accurate, complete and current. You are also telling us that you have the authorization to provide it to us.
How we collect your Personal Information
- Personal information you give to us
- We collect your personal information directly from you. For example, when you provide us your personal information when you register or book travel, contact our customer support or participate in a contest or sweepstake.
- Personal information we collect passively
We also collect your personal information passively. For example, we collect information about you over time and across different Web sites when you visit this Platform. We also use tracking tools like cookies and beacons.
Platform features may make use of your device attributes and settings that will allow us to determine your physical location. Such technologies may include IP address mapping, WiFi, GPS signals, cell tower positioning or other technologies. We use this information to enhance and personalize your experience and provide you with offers and services that may be of interest to you. For example, we may help you find your closest hotel or send you messages that may be of interest to you based on your current location. Getaroom does not have control over your device settings, but we do recommend enabling location services on your device so you can take advantage of the location based features and functionality offered.
- Personal information we receive from third parties
- We collect your personal information from third parties. In addition, we also integrate third party software that collects information about users for security reasons.
For what purposes we use your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used in the following ways:
- Improving our services
- To provide you and improve our Platforms and services, to better understand the users of our Platforms and services, and to protect our property and to prevent damage to them.
- We and our travel partners use your personal information to process your bookings and store your itinerary information where applicable.
- Marketing activities
We use your information for marketing purposes. These activities may include:
- To send you marketing emails from a Getaroom address regarding our services or those of our partners, if you have opted-in to receive emails from us or have transacted with us, and as permitted by law. You can easily unsubscribe from these marketing communications at any time by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" link included in the newsletter
- To display more relevant advertising and recommendations, or suppress advertising and content that you might find irrelevant. This advertising might be shown to you on our Platforms as well as third party platforms (including social media sites) and include information or offers that we, or our business partners', believe you will find interesting. Individualized advertising may be based on information collected through cookies or other tracking technologies. Read more about how you can control tracking tools here
- If you choose to participate in promotional activities (such as sweepstakes, competitions or other similar campaigns), relevant information may be used to administer these promotions
To communicate with you, including as follows:
- To send booking confirmations
- To send alerts and notifications you have subscribed to, including to your mobile device;
- To solicit reviews
- To communicate with you if you have contacted Getaroom consumer support
- To send you information servicing and administrative emails
- To send you information about services, offered by Getaroom or our business partners, that we believe you would be interested in
- Legal purposes
- Performance of a contract
- The use of your personal information may be necessary to perform the services and provide you products that you have requested from us. For example, if you make a booking on our Platform, we need to collect personal information from you in order to complete the booking
- Legitimate interest
- We may use your personal information for our legitimate interests, such as displaying relevant advertising and recommendations and for legal purposes
- We may rely on your consent to use your data for certain direct marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent anytime by contacting us or change your settings in your account as described below
To provide customer support, fraud prevention, create reports for analytics and business reporting, facilitate asset transactions and to otherwise comply with legal obligations.
You can manage your communication preferences in your account. Marketing email has an opt-out URL and you can unsubscribe from such communication at any time. You cannot unsubscribe from servicing emails and administrative messages that are considered part of your account membership, unless you cancel your membership.
How we share your Personal Information
- Corporate affiliates
- We share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries in the U.S. and worldwide, as well as with our parent corporation, Booking Holdings Inc., and its other subsidiaries, including Booking.com, Open Table, KAYAK, Agoda, and Rentalcars.com (collectively, our "Group Companies"). We may share your information with our group companies for the following reasons:
- To provide you with integrated services (including to administer and manage reservations, bookings, services, and payments across our affiliated platforms).
- To provide personalized offers or send you marketing communications with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- To enable "single sign-on", i.e., allowing you to log into a shared account for multiple Booking Holdings Inc. brands using a single set of log-in credentials, which allows us to, for example, show your reservations and bookings made through the websites, applications, and services of our group companies on your account page, and allow our group companies to show information in your respective account(s) with them.
- To provide customer support services.
- To detect, prevent, and investigate fraud and misuse of our services, other illegal activities, and data breaches.
- To analyze how users use our independent and affiliated platforms, including so that we may improve existing products and services and develop new features, products, and services that may be of interest to our users, or
- To ensure compliance with applicable law.
- Change of control
- If Getaroom itself (or part of its business) is sold or otherwise changes control, owners would have access to your personal information for the uses set out herein.
- Service providers
- We may share your personal information with suppliers who perform services on our behalf and have agreed in writing to protect and not further disclose your information.
- Payment service providers and travel vendors
- If you book through the Platforms, we may share your personal information with the payment service providers and the travel vendors you have booked with. This can include online travel agencies, hotels, airlines, car rental companies, and travel insurance providers. These third parties will process your personal information as data controllers in accordance with their own privacy policies. If you contact our consumer support, they may need to share information about your request with the relevant travel vendor in order to assist you.
- Business partners
- We may share your personal information with various business partners. Some of these business partners may use your personal information for online behavioral advertising purposes, or to offer you services or products that we believe you may be interested in. We may also share your information as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. For example, if you provide information to enter a sweepstakes, we may share your information with the promotional partners. We may also share anonymous aggregated usage information with partners.
- Information shared in public
- If you provide us a review of your trip, you authorize us to publish it on all our Platforms under the screen name you provided. You also authorize us to aggregate it with other reviews.
- We may disclose personal information if required by law, for example to law enforcement or other authorities. This includes court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes, and administrative or criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal information if the disclosure is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts or to prevent other damage, or in response to a legal action or to enforce our rights and claims.
We may also share anonymous aggregated usage information with others.
How we store and protect your Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active
We will also retain your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our contracts.
Cookies and tracking tools
You must be 18 years or older to use the site. Our Services are not directed at or intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 16 years of age. The limited circumstances we might need to collect the personal data of children under 16 years old include: as part of a reservation, the purchase of other travel-related services, or in other exceptional circumstances (such as features addressed to families). Again, this will only be used and collected as provided by a parent or guardian and with their consent. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us using the contact details listed in the How to Contact US section below.
Your rights with respect to personal information
Before contacting Getaroom for any request you may have, note that you can manage your account settings in the "My Account" page on Getaroom. Depending on the jurisdiction where you reside, you may have specific rights under local legislation to:
- You are entitled at any time to obtain information about your personal information that we store, in accordance with applicable law and without any fee. However, in exceptional cases we ask you to pay reasonable fee before we provide the information if permitted by applicable law
- You may request that we rectify any of your personal information that is incomplete or incorrect
- You may request that we delete your account
- You may object, at any time, to your personal information being processed for direct marketing purposes
- Restrictions of processing
- You may ask us to cease processing of your personal information for example if you have objected to the processing and the existence of legitimate ground is still under consideration
- Data portability
- If applicable, you may request us to send you your data in a commonly used and machine readable format which shall be decided on in Getaroom's sole discretion
- Right to withdraw consent
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of our processing based on such consent before it was withdrawn.
Please use the form available here if you would like to exercise such rights.
You may also have the right to request from us the Personal Data from or about you that we have "sold" (as such term is defined under applicable law) or disclosed for a business purpose within the past 12 months. Please use the form available here if you would like to exercise such rights. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. We may request proof of your identity before acting upon any request. We may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in some cases. For example if your personal information is connected with personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons. In such cases we will provide you with an explanation why you cannot obtain this information. We may also deny your request for deletion or rectification of your personal information due to statutory provisions, especially those affecting Getaroom’s accounting, processing of claims, and mandatory data retention, which may prohibit deletion or anonymization.
California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights
California law requires that we describe the personal information we collect about California consumers, including by identifying specific categories of information. As we describe in more detail above, we have collected the following categories of personal information in the past 12 months: Identifiers
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Username and password for our site and any other information you may choose to provide either directly or as may be required to fulfill the requested service; and
- IP address
Internet or other electronic network activity information
- Credit card number and payment information
Inferences drawn from other personal information
- IP address
- Device information
- Web log information
- Search preferences related to specific searches and
- Bids through your interactions with our site
- Profile or purchasing habits inferred from personal information
- Device information
- Web log information
- Search preferences related to specific searches and
- Bids through your interactions with our site
- General device location and
- With consent, specific device location
- Commercial information
- Internet activity
- Geolocation data
We also disclose certain personal information for "business purposes," such as disclosures to service providers who assist us with securing our Services or delivering marketing messages and advertisements. We disclose the following types of personal information for our business purposes:
- Commercial information
- Internet activity
- Geolocation data
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information for purposes other than as necessary to provide you with our Services.
California law grants certain rights to California residents. These include:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected about you, including (i) the categories of personal information, (ii) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information, (iv) the categories of third parties to whom the business discloses personal information, and (v) the specific pieces of personal information the business has collected from you (by requesting to download your personal information).
- The right to request deletion of personal information we have collected about you, subject to certain exemptions permitted under applicable law, such as when your personal information is required for us to provide our Services to you.
- The right to correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
- The right to opt out of "sale" or the "sharing" of your personal information (as these terms are defined under applicable California law).
To exercise your Privacy Rights under California law, contact us via the information provided in the "How To Contact Us" section below, or click here. To protect your privacy and security, we will need to verify your identity before acting on a request. Please also refer to the options available for directly managing cookies and similar technologies on your desktop or mobile device, as described above. Please note that you can make a request to know twice within a 12-month period.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under California law. Please note, however, that there may be certain circumstances where we are unable to complete your request, such as when we are unable to verify your identity or as otherwise permitted under applicable law.
How to contact us or how to lodge a complaint
Getaroom controls the processing of personal information on its Platforms. If you have questions about our privacy practices or need assistance with exercising or understanding your privacy choices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at
3010 LBJ Fwy, Suite 1500, Dallas TX 75234
Cookies and other tracking tools
Getaroom uses tracking tools such as cookies
We (or our suppliers) use several common tracking tools. We use these tools to collect usage and demographic information about you over time and across different Web sites when you use our Platforms. We also have third parties (e.g. advertisers) that collect personal information this way. Tools we use may include browser cookies. Your browser will store these cookies on your computer in a small file.
We and our advertising partners may also use web beacons (single pixel GIF images). These web beacons are placed in the code of a Web page or an email newsletter. When you access a partner site within our mobile applications, we may track your activity on that site.
By using the Platforms, you give us your free, unambiguous and informed consent to the use of any of the cookies and tracking tools mentioned in this policy.
Getaroom uses tracking tools for following purposes
- To track new visitors to the Platforms.
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor. This includes saving and remembering any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting the Platforms, such as language.
- To store your username and password if you are registered with us.
- To make use of cross-device tracking in order to optimize our advertising activities. As part of cross-device tracking, Getaroom may combine information collected from a particular browser or mobile device with another computer or device linked to the computer or device from which the information was collected. By changing your cookie settings on your device you can change your cross-device tracking settings for advertising purposes.
- To work with online advertising companies to display targeted advertising on our Platforms and third party platforms that you visit. This targeting may be based on information you submit on our Platforms or third party platforms. This targeting may also be based on your activities or behaviors on our Platforms or those of third parties. We may also obtain information about your browsing history from our business partners. To learn more about targeted advertising and how you can accept or refuse (opt-out of) this type of advertisement, we recommend that you visit www.aboutads.info/choices, www.youronlinechoices.eu or www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
- To help improve our website offering and for capacity planning purposes. We or our third party service providers may set analytics cookies. These allow us to gather aggregated or segmented information about the types of visitors that access our Platforms and the pages and advertisements that they view. In order to better understand your use of our Platforms, we or our third party service providers may collect information on such use, including pages visited, links clicked and mouse movements. We do not use this information to personally identify you.
How you can control tracking tools and opt-out of online behavioral advertising
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How to do this varies from browser to browser. You should view the Help menu on the browser you use for further information. Your opt out choice is stored in opt out cookies only in that browser, so you should separately set your preferences for other browsers, computers, or devices you may use. If your browser blocks cookies, your opt out preferences may not be effective. Deleting browser cookies can remove your opt out preferences, so you should visit this page periodically to review your preferences. If you block or delete cookies or opt out of online behavioral advertising, not all of the tracking that we have described in this policy will stop.
Please also note that opting out of a third party cookie does not mean that you will no longer receive or be subject to online advertising or marketing. It means that the third party service from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and online behavioral.
How Getaroom responds to "Do Not Track" signals
Some browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so we are not currently set up to respond to those signals.