Give us a call to get our secret deals 1-800-293-2602
Located in the Riviera Maya at the Playacar complex, situated only 2 miles or 3 kilometers from Playa del Carmen town and 38 miles or 60 kilometers from Cancun International Airport.
A 30,000 square meter Resort located at a beautiful white sandy beach. The 335 room resort reflects the traditional style and elegant design of Mayan culture. Besides the great ambiance and outstanding staff there is more. Guests can engage in recreational fun by participating in the activities program. Or for those who love the nightlife, Viva Wyndham Azteca has an entertainment line-up including live shows and performances. The vacation of a lifetime is calling your name.
ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE FEATURES:
- Full breakfast/lunch/dinner
- 24 hours snacks and drinks
- Unlimited cocktails, drinks and house wines
- Welcome cocktail
- Non-motorized water sports
- International entertainment staff
- Daily activities program
- Caribbean dance lessons
- Cocktails/ Mexican cuisine classes
- Weekly handicrafts market
- Live nightly entertainment
- Theme parties
- Fitness studio
- Sauna and showers
- Viva Kids Club with swimming pool (for
children from 4 to 12 years old, open from 7
AM until 10 PM)
- Safety deposit box (additional charge)
- Welcome package in the Mini bar upon
arrival (soft drinks and water)
- Chaise lounges and beach towels
- Free Wi-Fi at the several hotspots
- Taxes and tips
The property offers 4 restaurants:
- “El Nopal” is the international buffet restaurant with theme dinners and diet corner (no reservation required).
- “Il Palco” is our Italian a la carte restaurant (open for dinner, reservations required).
- “Bamboo” is the Oriental a la carte restaurant (open for dinner, reservations required).
- “Xul ha” is the name of our Mayan a la carte restaurant (open for dinner, reservations required).
In addition, guests are able to enjoy, at no additional charge, the “Don Diego” Mexican Restaurant the “Portofino” Mediterranean restaurant, the Italian Pizza Pasta restaurant “Miramare” and the Fusion restaurant “Viva Café at the sister resort Viva Wyndham Maya (reservations required, limited availability).
* Reservations are limited and depend on the length of the stay.
- "Full Bar" service and snacks 24 hours a day.
THE HOTEL ALSO OFFERS:
- Theater for 350 persons
- Guest Services
- Currency exchange service
- Free parking
- Fitness studio
- One tennis court (illuminated, hard surface)
- Amphibious wheelchair for disabled persons
- ‘Borboleta Infant Program’: bottle sterilizer,
walker, bouncer, baby bathtub and changing
station (available at the Viva Kids Club)
- ATM machine (USD)
- Interactive workshop painting handcrafted
ceramics with Mexican designs*
- Laundry services*
- Beauty parlour*
- Scuba Diving Center*
- Tour desk*
- Jewelry store*
- Baby sitting services*
- Photo shop*
- Car rental*
- Medical services*
Children 0 to 2 years of age stay free.
Children 3 to 12 years pay USD $20.00 per child, per night.
Child Fees are due at check in and will have to be paid directly to the hotel.
MANDATORY GALA DINNER:
Gala dinner on December 24th and December 31st are mandatory and will have to be paid directly to the hotel.
December 24 & December 31: USD $50.00 for Adults, USD $25.00 for Children under 12 years of age
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Please note starting September 1 a new environmental sustainability tax will apply to all guests. The mandatory government tax of 20 Mexican pesos (approximately US $1.12 subject to exchange rate variations) per room, per night will be absorbed by Viva Wyndham Resorts until December 31, 2017 and then from January 1, 2018 will be charged to all guests staying in the Municipality of Solidaridad of the Riviera Maya. From January 1, 2018, guests staying at the resort can pay the local tax in US dollars or Mexican pesos, in cash or by credit card, upon check-in to the hotel. Subsequent extended stays will be subject to additional tax collection and any early checkout will be eligible to receive a pro-rated refund of the tax paid.
Renovations Notice: Bar Mexicali will be renovated starting September 17 for aproximately 5 weeks. A temporary bar will be available in the La Placita Area.
Viva Boomer Package. Only available to US Residents.
- Personalized Check in.
- Priority luggage delivered to the room.
- Room Upgrade (Subject to availability)
- In-room Welcome Amenities.
- Books and board games of your choice
- Dance classes (upon request)
- Priority at a la carte restaurant reservations
- 10 % discount in affiliated stores
- 10% discount on meals and beverages additional to the all-inclusive package
- Late Check-out (Subject to availability)
Restrictions: Available for guests 60 years and older. ID must be presented upon check in. Promotions must be requested at moment reservation is booked.
Free Honeymoon Package: Book a minimum of 4 days and 3 nights and receive an upgrade to a higher category room, based on hotel availability, a bottle of champagne / sparkling wine, a fruit basket, a hors d'ouvres tray, a 7" x 4 " picture, 2 t-shirts, plus the all-inclusive package. Copy of marriage certificate required upon check-in, and within six months of marriage.
Classic Wedding Package: Includes: Decoration with seasonal flowers; Bride bouquet; Groom boutonniere; Wedding cake; Sparkling wine; Music for ceremony; Wedding coordinator; 10 pictures of the ceremony; Room upgrade*; Late Check out for Bride and Groom*; Welcome Gift for Bride and Groom; In-room continental breakfast for the newlyweds; Reservation at one of the a La Carte restaurants.
*Groups over 11 people are offered a menu *Upon availability; Optional services with additional charge
Legal Ceremony Available with additional charge.
Pre-Hispanic Weddning Package: This package includes everything in the Classic Wedding package PLUS: Chaman; Mayan decoration; Ceremony is performed in Mayan language; Traditional offerings; Live ritual music during the ceremony.
To celebrate this traditional Mayan Ceremony, it is necessary to have a Chaman or Mayan Minister present in order to unify the couple. The Chaman is chosen in a “Choice of God” meeting with representatives who have knowledge and experience in religious acts. The ritual consists of various steps: Mutual Acceptance, Purification, Offering and Union and benediction of the couple.
The ceremony is transcendental, where the family and friends participate and share with the couple their unforgettable experience. The advice of the Chaman reflects the incredible energy and creates a magical confirmation of their union in front of the universe. It is unified with the fertility dance.