Give us a call to get our secret deals 1-800-468-3578
The town of Playa Del Carmen has a unique way of doing just about everything. From live music venues to trendy unique dining and dancing spots all over 5th Avenue, if you’re looking for an authentic Mexican experience on the incomparable Caribbean Sea, Playa Del Carmen is the place to be. Nestled between dense Riviera Maya jungle and Playa del Carmen's largest stretch of beach spanning 800 pristine feet, the newly transformed Mahekal Beach Resort brings the Playa del Carmen experience to unprecedented new levels.
Experience the new Mahekal Beach Resort with the same authentic concept, only better. Freshly re-imagined guestrooms and lobby highlight the makeover while fabulous new pools, restaurants, and bars abound in this tropical destination. Located in the heart of Playa del Carmen - rated the Number 1 Destination in Mexico by Trip Advisor - Mahekal Beach Resort will provide all guests with an unforgettable Caribbean vacation.
Be swept away by Mahekal Beach Resort, a Playa del Carmen resort that recently experienced a complete $10 million dollar transformation. Exclusive bungalows with ocean and garden views have been renewed, only two-minutes away from the private, guests-only portion of the beach. Inspired by “GypSet Style,” Mahekal’s interior design embodies the bohemian gypsy lifestyle with colorful Mexican accents – including standout designs like Missoni-esque fabrics in the eclectic lobby and fireplace seating area as well as bright orange ping pong tables and cobalt blue billiard tables in the main lobby bar and activity center.
Discover a gem among Playa del Carmen resorts with 122 grass thatched-roof bungalows, two swimming pools, one seaside Jacuzzi, two restaurants and three bars.
Journey to the tropics with Mahekal Beach Resort, a Playa del Carmen beach resort that has been refreshed and renewed to provide the most indulgent tropical experience. In addition to revitalized accomodations, the new features and amenities at our Playa del Carmen beachfront hotel include:
- Brand new lounge and lobby
- Fabulous new pools
- Exceptional dinning and nightlife
- Wedding and event space
Services & Amenities Include:
- Two meals a day included daily. (Breakfast and Dinner; or opt to exchange for lunch at the guest services desk.)
- Individually controlled air conditioning unit in all guest rooms
- Babysitting services available
- Complimentary basic WiFi, wired and wireless in the guest rooms. Wireless WiFI throughout the resort.
- Premium Speed WiFi for streaming available for an additional charge
- Complimentary parking
- Guest Experience Staff to coordinate transfers, tours, 5th Avenue dining and more
- Dry cleaning
- Inspirada Spa (Coming in 2016!)
- Mayan painting classes
- Multilingual staff
- Non-smoking rooms
- Onsite restaurants - Las Olas and Cocina
- Poolside bars at Las Olas and Itzi Pools
- Fire pit on the beach
- Private beach
- Resort-style pools
- Terraces with Hammocks
- On-site Dive Center with lessons available and guided dives/snorkel trips
SPECIAL EVENT NOTICE:
The Mahekal Beach Resort would like to remind you that the beach clubs next to the hotel “Mamita´s Beach Club, Martina and Canibal Royal, will have music events on the following dates. Although Mahekal Beach Resort has no affiliation with these events, the music can be heard on-property, around town, and on the beach, on the following dates:
- May 7th Corona Sunsets Festival at Mamita’s (until 2 am)
- Corona Elements (to confirm dates) at Mamita’s (until 2 am)
- Independence Day in Mexico 15th of September, usually Music and Fireworks at night in different locations (2015 was all night party at Canibal)
- Halloween 31st of October (just in case, there is customs parties everywhere)
- November 24th-27th 2016 the International Jazz Festival at Mamita’s (2015 was louder and bigger than previous years)(until 11 pm)
- December 1st-4th 2016 the Heineken Winter Festival at Mamita’s (until 2 am)
- Christmas 24th & 25th (Usually Not loud)
- 30th Dec to January 1st Coincidance Music Festival/ New Year’s Celebration in all the City (Fireworks and Music expected until Morning of 1st of January 2017)(10 am on 2015)
- Dj Fest from 31st to 2nd of January 2017 (to confirm exact dates)at Mamita’s (until 3am)
- BPM from 6th to 15th January 2017 at Martina (until 9 pm)
- Electric Playa at Martina *tentative March (until 2 am)
- Semana Santa 7th –16 th of April 2017 *Main Mexican Holiday (until 8pm/ weekend 10 pm)
- Easter Week 16th - 23rd April 2017 (until 8 pm)
The DJ Festival and BPM Music Festival will be held between December 29, 2016 and January 18, 2017. Rhese events are held close to the hotel and showcase techno music and host the top DJ´s around North America at nearby local night and day clubs.
Please note: due to musical festivities at near by properties Guest may hear music on occasion from Jul 2016 through April 2017.
MANDATORY GALA DINNER:
Gala dinner on December 24th and December 31st are mandatory and will have to be paid directly to the hotel. The cost for adults and children over 12 years of age is $70.00 per person. Children 11 years or under eat free.
Children are welcome! Please note children pay additional fees per child per night.
European Plan (Room only) Children 0 to 12 years of age stay free of charge
Halfboard Plan (Includes Breakfast & Dinner) Children 0 to 4 years of age stays free of charge. Children 5 to 12 years of age pay additional children fees of $50 USD per child per night.
Please be aware children fees are due at check in and will have to be paid directly to the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an automatic change to the daily rate and children will be charged as adults. No exclusions.